[Buildroot] Linux won't build any more?

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Tue Mar 4 08:09:18 UTC 2014

Dear Vincent Stehlé,

On Tue, 4 Mar 2014 08:46:28 +0100, Vincent Stehlé wrote:

> FYI I wonder if the recent commits on the master branch have not broken
> linux kernel build in some cases. For example:
>
>    $ make freescale_imx6sabresd_defconfig
>    $ make
>    linux/linux.mk:171: *** Configuration file
> '/arch/arm/configs/imx6_defconfig' not found..  Stop.
>
> Same with qemu_arm_vexpress_defconfig.
>
> Git bisect points at commit b4cacbf5b15db06132b5f401d39b4c8d4e79158e,
> "linux: check the configuration file exists". If I revert this commit
> build will indeed still complain about the config but will go further.

Thanks for the report. Do you still see this problem with the current
Git head, including commits
http://git.buildroot.net/buildroot/commit/?id=477c28cf1d637b224b819dd278103a05fb6f9dbb
and
http://git.buildroot.net/buildroot/commit/?id=4ad1ea59a59f951fad072dcb19429e6f468abf05 ?

If you still see it, then I believe I'll just revert Yann's patches,
they have caused too much troubles already.

Again, thanks for your report!

Thomas
--
Thomas Petazzoni, CTO, Free Electrons