[Buildroot] host-python build issue

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Wed Jan 7 16:43:13 UTC 2015

Dear Zoltan Gyarmati,

On Wed, 07 Jan 2015 14:11:05 +0100, Zoltan Gyarmati wrote:

> i'm trying to build host-python (pulled in by
> mobile-broadband-provider-info), but some of the modules failed to build
> (namely ossaudiodev), and even if in this case the built python binary
> and modules work properly, the buildroot build process itself fails.
> Should this be considered as a bug, or this is the excepted behavior?

Do you have a /usr/include/linux/soundcard.h file in your system? If
yes, can you post it on pastebin?

We should probably disable the ossaudiodev module from the host Python
build. It's completely useful and I think we already had reports of
issues building with module with our host-python package.

Thanks,

Thomas
--
Thomas Petazzoni, CTO, Free Electrons