[Buildroot] What environment do I need for event input?

Nicolas Cavallari Nicolas.Cavallari at green-communications.fr
Mon Oct 19 07:51:17 UTC 2015

On 18/10/2015 01:31, Jay wrote:
> I need "/dev/input/event*" for irda remote controler.
> I tested kernel 4.1.7 and buildroot 2015.08.1.
> Of course, on custon kernel configuration, I enabled "Device Drivers --> Input device suppor --> Event interface"
> I have tested budilroot system configuration. ie) like these combinations
> Init system ("systemd") /dev managaement (auto selected with udev)
> Init system ("Busybox") /dev management ("Dynamic using devtmpfs only")
> Init system ("Busybox") /dev management ("Dynamic using mdev")
> Init system ("Busybox") /dev management ("Dynamic using eudev")
>
> And, Init system ("Busybox") /dev management ("Static using device table")
> In case of using "Static device table", in directory of "output/taget/dev/input/" exists,
> but, on target system still does not show.

Are you sure your evdev devices are detected ? is /sys/class/input empty ?

If it isn't empty, you can still read the available evdev devices in
/sys/class/input and creates these nodes manually:

mkdir -m 660 -p /dev/input
for dev in /sys/class/input/*/dev; do
    if [ ! -f "$dev" ]; then
        echo "no evdev devices"
        break
    fi
    IFS=: read major minor < "$dev"
    dev=${dev%/dev}
    dev=${dev#/sys/class/input/}
    mknod -m 660 "/dev/input/$dev" c "$major" "$minor"
done