[Buildroot] servers unavailable

Angelo Compagnucci angelo.compagnucci at gmail.com
Wed Jul 13 13:26:45 UTC 2016

Dear All,

>  > Hi Peter and Thomas,
>  > Today (June 13, 2016) many buildroot resources became
>  > unavailable. E.g. me and Alexey Brodkin are not able to get response
>  > from:
>  >      - https://git.buildroot.net/
>  >      - https://buildroot.org/
>
>  > So inter alia we can't access your git repo to download upstream changes.
>  > Are you working now on this problem?
>  > Could we hope the issue would be solved in near future?
>
> Yes, the server is unfortunately under a DDoS attack. For git, you can
> temporarily use the github mirror:
>
> https://github.com/buildroot/buildroot

Since buildroot has a github account, why keep the website outside?!
Github offers github pages with custom domain and protected against
ddos attacks (and many more attack vectors).
And why use a custom git server? We can always switch off pull
requests and issues and keep the patch flow going as it goes now if we
switch to github.

Sincerely, Angelo

Profile: http://it.linkedin.com/in/compagnucciangelo