[Buildroot] or1k system calls appear broken

Stafford Horne shorne at gmail.com
Sun Dec 10 11:10:40 UTC 2017

On Sun, Dec 10, 2017 at 11:17:55AM +0100, Waldemar Brodkorb wrote:
> Hi Max,
> Max Filippov wrote,
>
> > On Thu, Dec 7, 2017 at 11:28 AM, Waldemar Brodkorb <wbx at openadk.org> wrote:
> > > I checked the test suite and no syscall() is used.
> > > Would it be possible for you to suggest a test case for syscall()?
> > >
> > > Then I can run the tests for all architectures, where I can do
> > > runtime testing.
> >
> > LTP ( http://linux-test-project.github.io )?
>
> The problem with LTP is that some of the automatic tests via
> qemu in system mode are done in a small environment, which not much
> RAM or any hard disk. I somtimes try to make more architectures and
> targets to work with LTP, but for this small cleanup I would
> prefer a simple test case included in uClibc-ng-test.

I agree, we are trying to test a specific layer of uclibc, its not a linux issue
as per my opinion.

> Anyone?

I have an idea to write simple tests to test syscall() with examples of 0-6
args.  I havent had time the last few days for much coding though.

Perhaps you can accept Joel's patch, and in the mean time I can work on the
testing and cosolidation patch?

-Stafford