[Buildroot] TestIso9660GrubExternal and TestIso9660GrubInternal failing

Yann E. MORIN yann.morin.1998 at free.fr
Sun Jul 23 20:28:16 UTC 2017

Ricardo, All,

On 2017-07-23 22:02 +0200, Yann E. MORIN spake thusly:
> On 2017-07-23 15:13 -0300, Ricardo Martincoski spake thusly:
> > On Sun, Jul 23, 2017 at 06:26 AM, Yann E. MORIN wrote:
> > > On 2017-07-23 09:58 +0200, Thomas Petazzoni spake thusly:

> > > So, to rule out any sleep-deprivation issue while testign yesterday
> > > evening, I re-spawn the tests here this morning, and they still do not
> > > run.
> > >
> > > Maybe it is my qemu version?
> > >
> > > I'll try and bisect them between July the 1st and now.
> >
> > Since you are investigating this, let me provide some data I hope is useful.
[--SNIP--]
> I plan on doign those tests;
>
>   - build on 16.04, run on 16.04
>   - build on 16.04, run on 17.04
>   - build on 17.04, run on 16.04

So, even before the tests are all done, I already noticed an issue here:
on my machine, the iso images are about 1GiB large, while on my server,
they are only a bit less than 5MiB.

So, it looks like this is a binutils issue, with objdump being the
culprit (it very much look like older similar issues).
I'll continue investigating...

Thanks!

Regards,
Yann E. MORIN.