[Buildroot] [git commit] support/testing: add test of BR2_CCACHE with an external toolchain

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Tue Jul 25 07:03:48 UTC 2017

Hello,

On Tue, 25 Jul 2017 00:54:30 +0200, Arnout Vandecappelle wrote:

> > You don't need to list all tests in there, if you want to execute all
> > of them.i
>
>  I think Thomas first implemented it that way. But then gitlab-CI just reports a
> single pass/fail for the entire test suite, without details about what failed.
> AFAIK gitlab-CI reporting doesn't have xUnit integration that could be used to
> report detailed results from a single run.

I didn't implement it in a single pass, simply because I knew I wanted
Gitlab CI to show the breakdown per test, and not a global pass/fail
status. But Arnout's explanation remains true: if we simply do
a "./support/testing/run-tests -a", then we would have a single entry
in the Gitlab CI report that says if the entire test suite has passed
or fail. I believe the current situation, where each test is known as a
separate "thing" by Gitlab CI is better.

Best regards,

Thomas
--
Thomas Petazzoni, CTO, Free Electrons