[Buildroot] How to bypass fix-rpath for a particular package?

Tudor Holton tudor at smartguide.com.au
Wed Jul 18 00:05:39 UTC 2018

Hi Bryce,

It appears that the symbols referencing the library names have been
bitshifted.  At best, objdump -x gives correct references, ldd
segfaults.  At worst, the objdump -x contains structured gibberish.  It
doesn't happen on all files, though, but at this point I'm unable to
discern a pattern.

I'm guessing that patchelf has a false positive, but I'm no expert in
this area.  I'm not used to ldd segfaulting so I have only been learning
this stuff since I discovered the behaviour.  It came as a complete
surprise to me when I noticed the md5sum difference and grafted directly
and it worked.

Cheers,
Tudor.