[Buildroot] Cannot build C++ internal toolchain using uclibc-ng

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at bootlin.com
Thu Jun 7 08:26:46 UTC 2018

Hello,

On Wed, 6 Jun 2018 23:24:06 +0200, Michele Bucca wrote:

> >> make clean
> >> LC_ALL=C make
> >>
> >> [1] https://pastebin.com/Z6vUVmRE
> >>

> > What Linux distribution and version of this distribution are you using
> > as the host system ?
>
> My host system is Debian Jessie 8.10 x86_64 Updated just today with
> latest packages from the repos

I built your exact defconfig in a Docker container that has Debian
Jessie 8.10 installed, and it worked just fine for me. I only had an
issue way after the toolchain build, when building the kernel, because
your defconfig lacks:

  BR2_LINUX_KERNEL_NEEDS_HOST_OPENSSL=y

But other than that, it builds fine. So I suspect there is something
wrong/special in your environment. As I can't reproduce, you'll have to
investigate a bit yourself I'm afraid.

Best regards,

Thomas
--
Thomas Petazzoni, CTO, Bootlin (formerly Free Electrons)
Embedded Linux and Kernel engineering