[Buildroot] [autobuild.buildroot.net] Build results for 2018-05-10

Baruch Siach baruch at tkos.co.il
Fri May 11 15:10:10 UTC 2018

Hi Thomas,

On Fri, May 11, 2018 at 04:57:56PM +0200, Thomas Petazzoni wrote:
> On Fri, 11 May 2018 17:48:26 +0300, Baruch Siach wrote:
>
> > > Fixed by: http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/911114/
> >
> > traceroute fails[1] for a similar reason on your autobuilder, this time
> > because of -lm. I wonder what makes your machine special?
> >
> > [1] http://autobuild.buildroot.net/?reason=traceroute-2.1.0
>
> Yes, I'm not a big fan of the "let's bump xfsprogs" solution, while all
> the build failures for xfsprogs happen only on Matt's machine:
>
>   http://autobuild.buildroot.net/?reason=xfsprogs%
>
> And so are the traceroute failures:
>
>   http://autobuild.buildroot.net/?reason=traceroute%
>
> We need to understand that.

make seems to not do the right thing with -lfoo in a target dependency when
cross compiling. So the right solution is probably to remove these
dependencies. That's what the bump does. Alternatively, we can just patch -lrt
out of xfsprogs, and -lm out of traceroute.

baruch

   - baruch at tkos.co.il - tel: +972.52.368.4656, http://www.tkos.co.il -