[Buildroot] [git commit] package/gcc: drop negative conditions on C-SKY for older versions

Arnout Vandecappelle arnout at mind.be
Fri Aug 2 13:56:37 UTC 2019

On 02/08/2019 05:38, Guo Ren wrote:
> Hello Peter,
>
> On Fri, Aug 2, 2019 at 12:00 AM Peter Korsgaard <peter at korsgaard.com> wrote:
>>
>> commit: https://git.buildroot.net/buildroot/commit/?id=f9d70202c1e09a7a02645638762f60434fd73051
>> branch: https://git.buildroot.net/buildroot/commit/?id=refs/heads/master
>>
>> Now that the C-SKY architecture requires gcc-9, we can drop the special
>> conditions on the individual older versions.
> In fact, we still use gcc-6.3 on github/c-sky/gcc. GCC-9 is not
> recommended for using.

 As Yann already explained: this commit doesn't change anything about which GCC
versions you can select for C-SKY. You still have the option of
github/c-sky/gcc-6.3 or gcc-9, and the first one is the default. The only thing
this commit does is to use a simpler way of making sure that GCC < 9 can't be
selected for C-SKY.

 Regards,
 Arnout