[Buildroot] host-gcc-final not reinstalling target libraries (or: howto clean target directory)

Norbert Lange nolange79 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 12 11:42:23 UTC 2019

Hello,

I had some aged buildroot installation with several library versions
in the resulting target images. So now I cam up with the idea just to
recreate the target system with those 2 commands:

rm build/*/.stamp_target*installed target
make

Well, it *almost* worked, the only package that does not reinstall the
target files that way is host-gcc-final, the filesystem is then
lacking critical DSOs like libatomic, libstdc++.

So is there any way to fix this, or any recommendation on how a
"target-clean" would look like (ideally get make to provide a
target-clean).

Norbert