[Buildroot] boot/grub2: grub-core-build-fixes-for-i386 (grub-2.04 + binutils-2.35.2 + pseudo-op .code64)

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at bootlin.com
Wed Apr 28 11:44:09 UTC 2021

Hello Mikhail,

On Wed, 28 Apr 2021 11:07:13 +0300
"Mikhail B. WproxyM" <w.proxy.m at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have the build error, when building *from i686* to i686.
>
> You do not have the build error, when building *from x86-64* to i686.
> Looks like it is the reason.
>
> Grub2 developers do not run build tests under i386/i686. Even you do
> not run build tests under i686.

I was worried the issue would be related from the difference of the
build machine architecture. In theory it shouldn't matter, as the file
being built is built with the cross-compiler, but it seems like there
is an actual difference.

What about having this patch submitted to upstream Grub ?

Best regards,

Thomas
--
Thomas Petazzoni, co-owner and CEO, Bootlin
Embedded Linux and Kernel engineering