[Buildroot] Analysis of build results for 2021-03-03

Heiko Thiery heiko.thiery at gmail.com
Fri Mar 5 15:38:59 UTC 2021

Hi Thomas,

Am Fr., 5. März 2021 um 16:14 Uhr schrieb Thomas Petazzoni
<thomas.petazzoni at bootlin.com>:

> On Fri, 5 Mar 2021 16:10:27 +0100
> Heiko Thiery <heiko.thiery at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Indeed. The netopeer package is a bit annoying to install. But I hope
> > Jan Kundrat will make his offer come true [1] and provide a better
> > solution.
> >
> > Since the problem currently only occurs on one autobuild host, I would
> > leave it alone until then. Is that ok for you? Or should I try to
> > patch the problem?
>
> We try when possible to fix or work around the issues, as having noise
> in the autobuilders is always a bit annoying. I haven't looked in
> details into the problem, so I don't have a particular suggestion to
> make, though.

I understand the problem with the noise, but at the moment I don't see
a solution here.

The problem comes from sysrepoctl which is used during the
installation. This needs a user and a group as names [1] [2]. But on
the autobuilder that fails there seems to be no name for the group in
the /etc/group.

Why all this fiddling is necessary is described in the explanation of
Jan Kundrats.

[1] https://github.com/sysrepo/sysrepo/blob/master/src/executables/sysrepoctl.c#L590
[2] https://github.com/CESNET/netopeer2/blob/master/CMakeLists.txt#L77

A possible solution would be to introduce a config option that
enables/disables the installation of the YANG modules and disable them
by default.

--
Heiko