[Buildroot] Qemu doesn't read ACPI tables with EDK2 firmware.

Nikos Mouzakitis mzktsn at gmail.com
Thu Oct 28 21:27:19 UTC 2021

Hello Buildroot community.
I have successfully compiled buildroot and  booted in linux in an emulation
using QEMU on x86_64.(I used -smp 4, and I verified reading /proc/cpuinfo
that there are 4 cpus).

However, when I tried to use EDK2 ovmf firmware instead of the predefined
SeaBios that comes with QEMU, I am booting to Linux, but only with one
core..

Trying to find the issue of this, it lead me into finding out that kernel,
is not able to read/detect the ACPI table provided from EDK2 I guess.

Does anyone have encountered this before?
And do we know what could be a possible solution to it?

Thanks in advance,
Niko.