[Buildroot] Xilinx zynqmp_zcu10x_defconfigs: two things left

Neal Frager nealf at xilinx.com
Mon Feb 7 09:34:31 UTC 2022

Adding buildroot ML on copy of discussion:

Hi Neal, Giulio,

Neal, it's better to send technical discussion e-mail on the Buildroot mailing list: you'll get more replies, less latency and other people can benefit from the discussion (now and in the future).

On 06/02/22 23:20, Giulio Benetti wrote:
> Hi Neal,
>
> On 06/02/22 20:27, Neal Frager wrote:
>> Hi Giulio, Luca,
>>
>> I now have a version of the defconfigs which will at least build
>> cleanly with buildroot without requiring any manual steps.  However,
>> in order to get Linux to boot and login to the rootfs, I am still
>> doing two manual things to make this happen.  If our goal is to make
>> defconfigs that just boot, then we need to find a solution to make
>> these two manual things included with the buildroot build automation.
>>
>> 1. PMU firmware configuration object.  Without configuring the
>> following U-Boot .config option, the PMU firmware does not appear to
>> be working properly.  I have been fixing this manually by adding this
>> configuration, rebuilding U-Boot, and then copying the results into
>> the output/images directory.  While this works, it is not a clean out
>> of box experience for new users.
>>
>> CONFIG_ZYNQMP_SPL_PM_CFG_OBJ_FILE
>>
>> Is there a buildroot config option like BR2_TARGET_UBOOT_ZYNQMP_PMUFW
>> available that can be used for configuring this with the automated
>> build process?
>
> There is a better option I think:
> BR2_TARGET_UBOOT_CONFIG_FRAGMENT_FILES

Even better, use BR2_TARGET_UBOOT_ZYNQMP_PM_CFG Buildroot option (Bootloaders -> U-Boot -> Boot on the Xilinx ZynqMP SoCs). It is specifically done for that purpose.

--
Luca