[Buildroot] [v3] package/ntpsec: new package

Peter Seiderer ps.report at gmx.net
Thu Feb 24 22:07:44 UTC 2022

Hello Guillaume,

On Wed, 23 Feb 2022 18:51:59 +0100, Guillaume Bres <guillaume.bressaix at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello Peter,
>
> sorry for the delayed test, the usual "busy on too many things".
>
> Today I ran the current patch serie on "zedboard_defconfig": everything
> works fine but SYNC is never fully acquired. The estimated "offsets" from
> the pool is close to 2^32 (limit?), jitter is large, delay is realistic,
> but those values never get averaged out.

Do you mean 'zynq_zed_defconfig' or do you work on an legacy buildroot version?

Can spot nothing special in the defconfig despite an ancient linux kernel/headers
version (4.16, or 3.18 in legacy zedboard_defconfig)...

Anything special in the config file?

> What do you think is going on? I don't think it's related to our work but
> to the demon itself.

Maybe better ask at ntpsec mailing list/bugtracker ([1])?

> v1_2_1 is fairly old, I hope they provide a new tag soon because a lot of a
> work has been accomplished in the meantime.

New release seems to be scheduled for end of this month [2]...

> At work we use our custom fork (for custom encryption), I rebased to master
> last week, I have never experienced such behavior.

Did only test/run on raspberry pi 3/4 (both 32 and 64 bit, glibc, uclibc)...

Regards,
Peter

[1] https://www.ntpsec.org/channels.html
[2] https://lists.ntpsec.org/pipermail/devel/2022-February/009961.html