[Buildroot] package/bcc in buildroot ?

Federico Pellegrin fede at evolware.org
Tue Jul 5 08:41:45 UTC 2022

Hello,
Lately I was looking at the necessity to integrate bcc in buildroot for one
of our projects.
I've seen that in the not too far past there was a few attempts to
integrate this, namely this should be the latest patch:
https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/project/buildroot/patch/20201220151203.2206747-2-romain.naour@gmail.com/

I've for the time being tested that patch against buildroot master and it
works. I also bumped the bcc version to the latests available (0.24.0) and
besides very little changes (to one of the two patches) it also built
successfully.

I was wondering if there was still interest to add this as a standard
package as it would then be more useful to everyone and easier to maintain.
I could give a hand of course to try to do this if possible.

Reviewing the open points for the patch:
-) The two patches are still not upstreamed (not sure if there was an
attempt to upstream or not)
-) I guess some work would be needed around the dependencies as suggested
in the review, but hopefully there is no big showstopper.

Many thanks,
Federico