[Buildroot] How to compile Cairo with EGL_NO_X11

Ryota Kinukawa pojiro.jp at gmail.com
Tue Oct 4 09:18:38 UTC 2022

Hi. Thank you for your great work, Buildroot team.
I'm writing this email to ask how to compile Cairo with EGL_NO_X11.

Currently I am trying to use Weston on Rpi4 with Buildroot.
I got an error which was caused by Cairo trying to include X11.

This error is caused by <EGL/eglplatform.h>, which Cairo includes, has
following conditional include

```
#elif defined(__unix__) && defined(EGL_NO_X11)
#elif defined(__unix__) || defined(USE_X11)
/* X11 (tentative)  */
#include <X11/Xlib.h>
#include <X11/Xutil.h>
```

So, this error can be avoided by passing -DEGL_NO_X11, but I don't know how
to do that in Buildroot.
If this requires a change in the package, please let me know for a
contribution. (I don't know if I can do it with my capabilities

Thank you for reading.