[Buildroot] sftp-server for use with dropbear?

Grant Edwards grant.b.edwards at gmail.com
Thu Sep 8 23:21:13 UTC 2022

On 2022-09-01, Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards at gmail.com> wrote:

>> The server doesn't need wchar support at all.
>
> I got gesftpserver's server to build without wchar support, and it
> works fine. But it's auto-selecting iconv. That makes the total rootfs
> size increase for the gesftpserver almost 1MB, and I can't justify
> that.

I looked at the iconv use, and it looks like it should be pretty easy
to make iconv a configurable option -- whether that would be accepted
upstream is another question.

But, I finally realized that my problem was triggered by an upgrade to
openssh's "scp" utility v8.8 which uses the SFTP protocol by default
instead of the SCP protocl. [If I wanted to use SFTP, I would have
typed "sftp" not "scp".]  It turns out that with openssh 8.8 "scp -O"
works fine with dropbear. Unfortunately there's no config file or
environment variables for scp like there is for ssh.

--
Grant