[Buildroot] Tools(?) packages for drivers a kernels 6..x

Gerd Kautzmann G.Kautzmann at PRIMES.de
Tue Apr 4 15:25:27 UTC 2023

> Newer Linux Kernels like 6.1.4 seems to have some support fort he camera imx296, buildingthem with buildroot is leadingto an error:
>
> *** Can't find default configuration "arch/arm/configs/bcm2711_defconfig"!

> [1]: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/raspberrypi/linux/rpi-6.1.y/arch/arm64/configs/bcm2711_defconfig

Thanks for you reply, I never considered downloading some additional configuration files myself.

This is what I did:

cd output/build/linux-6.1.14/arch/arm/configs
wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/raspberrypi/linux/rpi-6.1.y/arch/arm/configs/bcm2711_defconfig
make

buildprocess was successful

> because it looks like you ask multiple, distinct questions in the same thread.
> Please start new thread for each question in that case.

Sorry, I wasn't very precise, there might be two ways getting a linux image with support for a special device and I didn't really know which way to chose.

And sorry for html format, Outlook is a mess and it got worse after they switched to ribbons.

Greetings Gerd