[Buildroot] OpenSSL v3.0

Peter Korsgaard peter at korsgaard.com
Thu Feb 9 06:54:52 UTC 2023

 > Hi
 > I wonder whether buildroot currently working on OpenSSL v3.0 package
 > def or not. If not, what are the challenges for building this package?
 > Because I need to migrate to OpenSSL v3.0 in my buildroot and I like
 > to know how I can do it.

There has been various discussions but currently no concrete patches for
openssl 3.0 support. Most likely not all packages will work with openssl
3.0, so we might need to keep the current openssl 1.1 package for a bit
and offer openssl 3.0 as a separate package.

Openssl 1.1.x indeed goes EOL in September, so it would be great if
someone could work on it soon!

--
Bye, Peter Korsgaard