[Buildroot] Missing curl binary

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at bootlin.com
Sat Feb 18 11:18:46 UTC 2023

On Fri, 17 Feb 2023 16:52:49 +0100
Sourabh Hegde <hrsourabh011 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I am trying to include curl binary in my image. I have
> selected BR2_PACKAGE_LIBCURL=y , BR2_PACKAGE_LIBCURL_CURL=y in the Config.
> But still the curl binary is not installed in the target. Can anyone please
> let me know what is the issue here and how to resolve it?

I suppose you did a build with BR2_PACKAGE_LIBCURL=y, then after the
build completed you changed the configuration to enable
BR2_PACKAGE_LIBCURL_CURL=y and just ran "make". This doesn't work, as
the libcurl package is already built, and Buildroot is not smart enough
to detect that you changed something related to the libcurl
configuration.

Run: "make libcurl-dirclean all" to force rebuilding the libcurl
package (or do a full rebuild).

See https://buildroot.org/downloads/manual/manual.html#full-rebuild for
more details.

Best regards,

Thomas
--
Thomas Petazzoni, co-owner and CEO, Bootlin
Embedded Linux and Kernel engineering and training