[Buildroot] [autobuild.buildroot.net] Your daily results for 2023-11-29

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at bootlin.com
Thu Nov 30 07:55:41 UTC 2023

Hello Alex,

The code in libzenoh-pico is stupid:

size_t _z_endpoint_config_strlen(const _z_str_intmap_t *s, const char *proto) {
    size_t len = 0;

    // Call the right configuration parser depending on the protocol
#if Z_LINK_TCP == 1
    if (_z_str_eq(proto, TCP_SCHEMA) == true) {
        len = _z_tcp_config_strlen(s);
    } else
#endif
#if Z_LINK_UDP_UNICAST == 1 || Z_LINK_UDP_MULTICAST == 1
        if (_z_str_eq(proto, UDP_SCHEMA) == true) {
        len = _z_udp_config_strlen(s);
    } else
#endif
#if Z_LINK_BLUETOOTH == 1
        if (_z_str_eq(proto, BT_SCHEMA) == true) {
        len = _z_bt_config_strlen(s);
    } else
#endif
#if Z_LINK_SERIAL == 1
        if (_z_str_eq(proto, SERIAL_SCHEMA) == true) {
        len = _z_serial_config_strlen(s);
    } else
#endif
#if Z_LINK_WS == 1
        if (_z_str_eq(proto, WS_SCHEMA) == true) {
        len = _z_ws_config_strlen(s);
    } else
#endif
    {
        __asm__("nop");
    }

    return len;
}

See the __asm__("nop"). This is completely stupid. It assumes every CPU
architecture in the world has a CPU instruction named "nop", which of
course is not true. I don't really see what they have added that, it
really doesn't make sense. I believe this final "else" block should be
dropped (as well as in the next function, that uses the same pattern).

Best regards,

Thomas

On Thu, 30 Nov 2023 07:34:37 +0000
Michel Alex <Alex.Michel at wiedemann-group.com> wrote:

> Thomas,
>
> do you have any idea how to fix this build error?
>
> Error: unrecognized instruction `nop'
>
> Alex

Thomas Petazzoni, co-owner and CEO, Bootlin
Embedded Linux and Kernel engineering and training
https://bootlin.com