[Buildroot] alsa unknown ioctl

Ulf Samuelsson ulf.samuelsson at atmel.com
Wed Jul 16 07:30:07 UTC 2008

Matthew Dombroski skrev:
| Hi,
| Thanks for pointing this out for me, the interesting thing now is that
| i had to *disable* the -mabi=aapcs-linux option and everything started
| working.
| Maybe there is a way we can detect that the kernel has been built with
| this option, blindly assuming that it's needed for arm doesn't seem to
| be working.
|
| ~Matt
|
| On Mon, Jul 14, 2008 at 8:33 PM, Ivan Kuten <ivan.kuten at promwad.com>
wrote:
|> Hello,
|>
|>> ALSA sound/core/control.c:1224: unknown ioctl = 0xc2c85512
|>>
|>> alsamixer: function snd_mixer_load failed: Inappropriate ioctl for
device.

|> Try to check this previous buildroot thread:
|> http://busybox.net/lists/buildroot/2007-November/006326.html

This is from arch/arm/Makefile of linux-2.6.25.10:

ifeq ($(CONFIG_AEABI),y)
CFLAGS_ABI	:=-mabi=aapcs-linux -mno-thumb-interwork
else
CFLAGS_ABI	:=$(call cc-option,-mapcs-32,-mabi=apcs-gnu) $(call
cc-option,-mno-thumb-interwork,)
endif

so -mabi=aapcs-linux should only be enabled if the toolchain is using EABI.

alsa-lib.mk:

ifeq ($(BR2_arm),y)
ALSA_LIB_ABI:=-mabi=aapcs-linux
else