[Buildroot] Problem with device tree

DTrustee dterry_engineer at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 17 23:16:05 UTC 2024

The exact instructions to download buildroot gets the most recent
version which is how I started. Next step was to git checkout -b bootlin
2022.02 but that does not work as I get:

fatal: '2022.02' is not a commit and a branch 'bootlin' cannot be
created from it

So I cloned: git clone https://github.com/bootlin/buildroot which I
think is the repository for the training. However that is lacking the
output directory so make menuconfig fails. When I go to
https://github.com/bootlin/buildroot sure enough there is no output
directory.

How does one go about learning buildroot, the latest version, for the
Beaglebone Black (or any other board for that matter)? I am reading the
buildroot manual but it is not exactly a tutorial. Is it mostly trial
and error until you figure it out?

Have a Blessed day!

Don