[Buildroot] Problem with device tree

Edgar Bonet bonet at grenoble.cnrs.fr
Thu Apr 18 06:40:07 UTC 2024

Hi!

Don wrote:
> I cloned: git clone https://github.com/bootlin/buildroot which I think
> is the repository for the training.

Note that the official Buildroot git repository[1] is:

    https://gitlab.com/buildroot.org/buildroot.git

> How does one go about learning buildroot, the latest version, for the
> Beaglebone Black (or any other board for that matter)?

The latest stable version is 2024.02.1. Thus I would start by making
sure I have all the system requirements,[2] then:

    git clone https://gitlab.com/buildroot.org/buildroot.git
    cd buildroot
    git checkout 2024.02.1
    make beaglebone_defconfig
    make

This would be a sanity check. If that works, then you can start
customizing the configuration, doing out of tree builds, etc.

> that is lacking the output directory

The output directory will be created as part of the build process.

Regards,

Edgar.

[1] https://buildroot.org/download.html
[2] https://buildroot.org/downloads/manual/manual.html#requirement